The LWPS engine (Elgg) was upgraded to release 0.8.1 on 3/16/2008. Below are two important improvements.
- An optional "visual (WYSIWYG) text editor for your posts and comments" is currently defaulted to "Yes". We recommend that you leave it defaulted to "Yes". You may change it at any time by ...
- Clicking on your "Account Settings" in the upper right corner.
- Go to the bottom of your "Account Settings" and click "No" to invoke the text editor or "Yes" to invoke the WYSIWYG html editor.
- Listing of all users and communities including number of members and number of posts in each. Click on the "Browse" link in the upper right corner under the "Search" box. This is somewhat like a "Site Map".
Here are five (5) issues that may require your attention.
- All icons (your picture) seem to be present. If your icon does not appear, please click on your "Account settings", then "Your site picture". If your picture is there but the "Default" button is not selected, please select it and Save. If your picture is not there, "Upload a new picture" then follow the instructions.
- If you changed your theme, you need to "mark this post as interesting" so you will be informed when we have found the new themes so you can select one. (More about "Mark as interesting".)
- If you created posts in the "old" LWPS and used blank lines to create "white space", the blank line was replaced with an html code that causes a new paragraph. You may need to reedit some or all of your posts (using the new WYSIWYG editor) to achieve the look you want. My apologies for this inconvenience.
- In the previous release, links in posts with or without "www" worked. (Ie. http://lifeworkps.com... or http://www.lifeworkps.com... ) In this new release, "www" is required.
We will be running a program to make this change in all posts and comments and hopefully your profiles. I'm not sure when that will be done. Until it is, you must manually insert 'wwww' in order to navigate around LWPS and stay logged on.Everything is back to normal now.
- If you have hyperlinks in your "Brief Description" area in your LWPS Profile, and one or more of those links do not work, you need to edit your LWPS Profile and insert the "www" mentioned above, then SAVE it. Again, my apologies for this inconvenience.
Click this link if you want to report a problem, issue or concern.
"Seeds" added to new members personal blog.
Our LWPS development team has also added a behind-the-scenes function that will significantly enhance a new LWPS members first impression of what is possible in their personal blog. This post describes the three (3) "seeds" that are automatically inserted into a new member's personal blog. If you registered before this upgrade, you will not see these 3 seeds. However, you can easily go to the above link and COPY/PASTE each into your blog after you go to your "Account Settings" and set your visual editor option to "Yes".
Other posts you may want to read.
- Status of the upgrade
- I've misplaced my LWPS username and/or password.
- I want to report a problem, issue, or concern about this upgrade.
- Please delete my LWPS account.
Click your browser's BACK/Return arrow to return to the post that brought you here, or return to
- Content of email to all LWPS members about the new release of LWPS.
- Do a search for the tag "upgrade" to find the link back to this post.