- "LifeWork" is ...
- "LifeWork Planning" is ...
- The value of LWPS
- The purpose of LWPS
- Is LWPS right for you?
- Why the term "Planning"?
- How to navigate LWPS and not get lost
- What is the "Services" part of "LifeWork Planning Services"?
- The status of LWPS
- More about LWPS
"LifeWork" is ...
- We, and a few others, have chosen to combine the two words "life" and "work" because we believe that "work" can not be (easily) separated from "life", and that LifeWork is more than a successful career. LifeWork, to us, is the fulfillment of your dreams or your destiny or what you were meant to be/do, or finding your voice or your calling or your soul's code. (Variants of the use of the words "life", "work", "career".)
- We define LifeWork as the totality of an individual's existence, with nothing left out. There are, however, a superset of LifeWork activities and events that, when properly managed, contribute to an individual's well-being and quality of life, as well as those around them. Foremost, is finding one's Voice (joyful work that satisfies one's soul), helping others to find theirs, and achieving this while maintaining a LifeWork balance.
The value of LWPS
No matter what resources you use to investigate, discover and find your next job, or your next occupation, or your LifeWork; no matter who you consult with; no matter what books you read or tests you take, those of you who know the value of lifework/career planning will collect - in ONE place - information about yourself, and your educational and occupational alternatives and choices.
You might use a paper notebook or you might use document or spreadsheet files on your computer. Some of you might even use an Internet-based webspace like a website or blog. We think LWPS is the best platform because ...
- all members focus only on lifework/career issues and activities,
- and it is a nexus of conversations about and links to the lifework/career planning process, data, information, and knowledge,
- and you can develop private, semi-private, and/or public lifework plans for and by yourself, or with the aid of other fellow members, some of who are lifework/career cybermentors, cyberfacilitators, cybercoaches, or cybercounselors.
Click this link to view a table the compares these different tools.
The purpose of LWPS
LifeWork Planning Services (LWPS) is an e-learning, social-networking community where members can do their lifework/career planning to make their dreams their lifework, and/or offer to help other members to do the same.
The core purpose of LWPS is to provide a very focused webspace ...
- where you as an individual can create (and, if you wish, share) posts about your significant lifework events and integrate and develope those posts into short and long term personal, educational, career, and lifework plans to achieve soul-satisfying harmony and happiness in your work - perhaps helping you to answer questions like - "Who am I? What do I want to be, ... do? What are my gifts? What is my destiny, ... soul's code, ... life dream, ... purpose, ... calling, ... spiritual or soul voice? What is my passion, ... my LifeWork?", and/or
- where you as a lifework/career professional can offer your services to other LWPS members to assist them in doing their lifework/career planning.
LWPS is a supportive networking platform where each member is encouraged to share their knowledge and expereinces with other members - as long as it is not proprietary. We encourage you to save your posts with an access restriction of "Public" (or "Logged in Users") so that others will benefit when they click on "View all posts" to read what you have posted.
Why the term "Planning"?
It can range from a simple 5 second planning for what you will have for breakfast, to a complex lifelong planning to discover your passions, your voice, your dreams and vision, and your lifework/destiny.
At this precise moment in your life, you are either acting on one of your plans or you are reacting to an unplanned event, which could be (the beginning of) a major life transition!
"LifeWork Planning" is ...
- LifeWork planning involves a constellation of activities such as personal and career education and personal and career development that help you smooth out lifework transitions, make a good living and live a good life, and improve your quality of lifework.
- The best time to do lifework planning is when you are very happy with your current job, or you are still in school and it will be years before you begin searching for your first job. The worst time to do lifework planning is when you are looking for a job or have just lost or are about to loss your current job.
- One set of activities is capturing your expereinces in LWPS posts like "My values", “My interests”, “My accomplishments”, “My Functional Transferable Skills”, “My …”, etc.. Each post you create, either in private, public or shared with a few others, is part of your digital journal, diary, notebook, ePortfolio and/or LifeWork Portal where you assess yourself and reflect upon what you have written, edit it, develop it, link it to other ideas and resources, then reflect some more. This process soon takes you on a path of self-discovery that most have never experienced before, particularly when you invite others to interact with you.
What is the "Services" part of "LifeWork Planning Services"?
- LWPS Communities is the name of an LWPS community where LWPS members will list and discuss the services they offer to other LWPS members, such as cybertutoring, cybermentoring, cyberfacilitating, cybercoaching, and cybercounseloring, and any other type of lifework/career planning service.
The status of LWPS
I started the development of LWPS on February 6, 2006. It is a work in progress. I've left it open so that you can use it - even in its unfinished state. I've tagged each post with a per-centage-complete tag so you know how much more work needs to be done to it. Very few are 100% complete. (More).
More about LWPS
- Terms and Conditions of use
- Your contributions support LWPS
- Click here to read more about protecting your personal information in your profiles, posts and files.
If you are an LWPS member, thank you for choosing LifeWork Planning Services (LWPS). If you are just visiting, we hope you will join us soon.
When you finish reading this post, please click on the "LWPS Help" tab in the upper right of this webpage (or here) if you want to learn more about LWPS's features and functions.
Keywords: 2/5/2006, 2009, 2Q09, 6/14, 80%, ban, banning, collaborate, collect, communicate, consistent, create, credentials, diary, disclaimer, disclaimers, distance learning, draft, DW, e-learning, edit, eP, ePortfolio, ethical standards, ethics, finding your voice, fulfillment of your dreams, hph, journal, lifework is more than a successful career, LifeWork Portal, LWP, main_index, manage, My LWP, notebook, organize, policy, portals, privacy, purpose, reflect upon, terms, The value of LWPS to me, value, vision, warning, warnings, Welcome to LifeWork Planning Services (LWPS), what you were meant to be/do, WIP, work in progress, your calling, Your contributions support LWPS, your destiny, your soul's code, your voice