There are currently over 70 communities in LWPS. Most of them have been created by Dr. Sally Gelardin, Dr. Ed Colozzi, and myself.1 This post, the narrative and list below will highlight those that relate to the core purpose of LWPS. (Most of the other communities are important because they all deal with lifework/career planning issues.)
Most of the time, when you are logged into LWPS, you will be creating, reviewing, reflecting upon and revising your lifework/career planning posts in your personal blog. In the beginning, we will encourage you to view posts in the "New member!"2 community to learn about the features and functions of LWPS, and to consider recommendations for posts we think you should create.
As your blog develops, we hope you will see how important it is for you to periodically review and revise key posts in your personal blog so they reflect who you are at that moment so you are prepared for those inevitable unplanned events3 and transitions4 in your life.
Soon after you join LWPS, we will recommend that you explore the Seven (7) life stages of CD5 community to read about NCDA's policy about age-appropriate career development (CD). Next we will recommend that you explore the LifeWork Planning process6 community to learn about an eight (8) step decision-making model. As your blog matures, we will then ask you to review the Dreams; Visions; Bliss; Your Voice7, and Destiny, and Spirituality communities.
Below is a little more descriptive information about each of the superscripted links above. (Each core community is under development and the per-centages (pp%) indicate their approximate level of completion. My posts that are less than 40% complete are private while I develop them.)
After you click each community link below you will notice changes in the right sidebar. The "Brief Description" box under "Profile Owner" and the list of "Members" will be different and unique to that community.
- If you want to see Sally's, Ed's and my communities, just click on each name, then look in the right sidebar under "Owned communities".
- New member!: (40%) Learn about the features and functions of LWPS, and consider recommendations for posts we think you should create. (See "LWPS help" link in upper right corner.)
- Plan for and make your luck: (20%) Organized around Dr. Krumboltz's and Dr. Levin's book "Luck Is No Accident". Be prepared and "make the most of happenstance in our life and career." Study the ten (10) myths about planning your life and career.
- Transitions: (20%) Share with other LWPS members your experiences of considering a transition, starting one, being in a transition and completing one.
- Seven (7) life stages of CD: (20%) The development of any person's career takes place over most of his/her lifetime in seven (7) life stages according NCDA's policy about age-appropriate career development (CD)..
- LifeWork Planning process: (20%) This is a variant of several well known multi-step decision making processes. This is probably the most important community in LWPS.
- Dreams; Visions; Bliss; Your Voice: (20%) The motto of LWPS is "Make your dreams your LifeWork". Most of us got a glimpse of career planning when someone asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Soon, we found oursleves imagining what we would do if we had all the money we needed and we began to dream of the perfect job. This community will take that dreaming thru developing our passions into visions and finding our voice and following our bliss until we discover our LifeWork and our destiny (20%). See also Dr. Ed Colozzi's community on Spirituality (40%).
You may also be interested in these communities.
- LifeWork Portal: (20%) - Your LifeWork Portal post is where you collect of links to ALL of your posts so you can easily find them.
- National Career Development Guidelines: (20%)
- Career Information Delivery Systems (CIDS): (20%) When you start your job exploration, you will want to spend some time here learning the state-based Career Information Delivery Systems.
- ePortfolios: (20%)
- Career Development Forums: (20%)
- Homeschooling: (20%)
- Questions: (20%)
Look for this link - Key related LWPS communities - in the Profile Owner/Brief Description box in the upper right sidebar anytime you want to return to this post.
Click your browser's BACK/Return arrow to return to the post that brought you here, or return to